Your Data and how I use it
I do not harvest any personal data from visitors to my Site.
If you decide to purchase a Stick or Key Ring from me, this purchase then forms a contract between Wilstone Sticks (the seller) and you (the buyer). For accounting purposes, I am then legally required to hold any data on file for 6 years. This is in the form of a print out of the Order Details, the Paypal Transaction and Carrier Delivery Details. This typically represents only Phone Numbers, Email and Delivery Addresses
Whilst I am in possession of this data I will never sell or disclose your information to any third party for marketing purposes. This same limited information may be shared with third party suppliers i.e. a Carrier, for delivery purposes. No Carrier has the right to disclose your information on our behalf.
Why do I hold your personal data.
- To deliver my products.
- To contact you regarding the product that you have requested.
- To better understand how people interact with my website
- To identify and prevent fraud
Along with my business and internal computer system, this website is designed to comply with the following national and international legislation with regards to data protection and user privacy:
UK Data Protection Act 1988 (DPA)
EU Data Protection Directive 1995 (DPD)
EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR)
Wilstone Sticks website is compliant with the above legislation.
- The right to be informed - You have the right to be informed about the collection and use of any of your personal data
- The right of access - You have the right to access any personal data and supplementary information that I hold on you.
- The right to rectification - If any information I hold is inaccurate or incomplete You have the right to correct it or complete it
- The right to ask me to erase or destroy the documentation after the 6 year period.
- The right to data portability - the right to receive personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format.
- The right to object - this means, if you believe your limited Personal Data is vulnerable.
Personal Information that my Website Collects and why I Collect it
This website collects and uses personal information for the following reasons:
1 Use of IP address
An IP address is a number that’s automatically assigned to your computer whenever you’re surfing the web. Web servers automatically identify your computer by its IP address.
2 Site Visitation Tracking
Like most websites, this site uses Google Analytics (GA) to track user interaction. We use this data to determine the number of people using our site, to better understand how they find and use our web pages and to see their journey through the website.
Although GA records data such as your geographical location, device, internet browser and operating system, none of this information personally identifies you to us. GA also records your computer’s IP address which could be used to personally identify you but Google do not grant us access to this. We consider Google to be a third party data processor.
Disabling cookies on your internet browser will stop GA from tracking any part of your visit to pages within this website.
My Third Party Data Processors
I use Paypal and Google to process personal data on my behalf. These third parties comply with the legislation set out in section 3.0. Both of these third parties are based in the USA and are EU-U.S Privacy Shield compliant.
I will report any unlawful data breach of my website’s database or the database(s) of any of my third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
The data controller of this website is: Wilstone Sticks, 18 Tring Road, Wilstone, Tring. Herts. HP23 4PB.
Data Protection Officer
Sole Proprietor : John Evans
Telephone: 01442 822115